Monday, January 25, 2010

running really good this month

all in EV is through the roof this month. What can I say the poker gods have blessed me. All credit to the poker gods. other than that not much happening this weekend. Had a long friday night session, booked a small (1k) win. then on no sleep went wedding dress shopping with katy because one of her friends couldn't make it. I'll keep the details to a minimum, but I was definitely the only human in either store we went to with a penis (as far as I could tell) and at one point the owner of the store told me I'd have to wait outside until another customer left because they might feel uncomfortable in trying on dresses in front of me. Note that this woman would be fully clothed and showing off nothing more than what she would be at her wedding, but having another male in the store paying no attention to them might bother them. So I went and sat in the car and played Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego on my phone. That was nice.

Duke had a great win on saturday night, and I was really proud of how the guys played. Just a fantastic job breaking the press and our defense was outstanding. I know people are bagging on this team because they have a couple of bad losses, but I'm telling you, you don't want to play us come tourney time. We are not going to get outrebounded, and we have lots of fouls to give. We have a big physical team that plays well in the rough and slowed down half court games that typically happen in the NCAAs. We've had a lot of teams in the past 6-7 years that had as much or more talent than this team, but I think few of them with the exception of 2004 had a better chance of going deep in the tourney. And that's including 2006 when we were clearly the best team in the country but lacked depth and size. We'll see if my predictions play out, but if the low public confidence continues for the devils I really like our chances in the tourney.

football games were good yesterday. I didn't want the jets to win although I didn't really want the colts either, but I guess I'm glad the colts pulled it out. In the second game I just wanted anyone other than favre in the super bowl so I wouldn't have to endure 5 million favre stories on tv and the web over the next 2 weeks. I'm also rooting for the saints because it's easy to root for new orleans, and I'd rather not see the colts win. either way I think it's going to be a shoot out of a super bowl and that should be fun.

last update is that a buddy is going to do open mic standup on thursday night and he's been pressuring me to go up as well. I've written a page or so of material but I don't really think any of it is that funny and I'm really unsure about presentation, setups, and segues. And even though most of the people that perform are pretty bad I'm not the kind of person to just go up and bomb just to say I did it. Not that I'm scared to put myself out there, just that I'd like to not suck when I do. so I'll probably give it a go some time in the future, but I don't see it happening on thursday.

grandfather still in hospital though showing some improvement. Hopefully he'll be able to head back to the assisted living apt with my grandmother soon.

that's it from here. rainy day in boston and I actually went to sleep at a semi-reasonable hour the last few nights so I was up in the morning. Just finished brunch and figure I'm going to shower and work out then start an afternoon session. I figure the tables will be brutal on monday afternoon, but that'll give me a chance to pwn some regs.

later

No comments: