Thursday, January 7, 2010

back to blogging with new ideas

I think I'm going to try and blog some more in 2010. but less poker and more other stuff. I'll gladly post about poker if someone asks or if something truly exciting happens, but for the most part I don't feel like what I'm saying is all that interesting.

however the point of the blog was to keep a record of things that were happening in my life so that I could reflect on them and have written memories of not only events but my outlook in the past. I'm always surprised by the growth and change that happens to myself over time, and it's nice to have a way of getting an honest look at ones past self assessment.

in that vein I've got two goals for this blog this year. The first goal is that I'm going to try and post several neat pictures that I have taken with my camera each week (every day if I get on a roll). I think it will be a great way for me to get more familiar with the camera and to encourage me to take more pictures which I always enjoy. The second goal is to try and tell more interesting stories that happen to me mostly due to my association with some hilarious characters (ie my friends). This will be a much more challenging goal as I consider my prose to be boring and uninteresting. I often start to write things and then find myself just scrapping or deleting them because I feel there is no value added in my words. But maybe practice will improve this, and if nothing else I think it's a good exercise to keep my mind sharp.

that's all for now.

pic of the day taken in the grand canyon last may:

No comments: