Thursday, January 9, 2014

PLO hand of the day

Poker $100 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 5 players
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $123.27
UTG: $93.50
CO: $347.01
Hero (BTN): $100.00
SB: $217.69

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 4 of spades T of diamonds 4 of hearts A of hearts
2 folds, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9.00) 4 of clubs A of clubs 8 of diamonds (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets $8.55, Hero calls $8.55, SB folds

Turn: ($26.10) 3 of spades (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $20, BB calls $20

River: ($66.10) 9 of hearts (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $51, BB calls $51

Final Pot: $168.10
BB mucks A of diamonds 6 of clubs 6 of spades K of spades (a pair of Aces)
Hero shows 4 of spades T of diamonds 4 of hearts A of hearts (three of a kind, Fours)
Hero wins $165.10
(Rake: $3.00)

villain in the hand is a TAG semi-regular.  He's playing 26/16/3 (vpip/pfr/3b%) which is fairly nitty considering he's only winning at the flop 31% of the time.  Basically he's lost when he doesn't have the nuts, and probably not running big bluffs.

SB is a 73/22/15 LAGfish.  He can be tough to play IP because he's going to try and hit every flop, but he's actually not bluffing that much.  Mostly he's trying to flop some equity and ram and jam.

on the flop when the BB leads I'm probably well ahead of his range due to the A blocker and the fact that he doesn't have nor would he lead a ton of 88xx.  But I don't want to raise because I'm going to fold out many of his bluffs and weaker hands, and I'm going to block SB from the pot and there is some chance he x/r's and gets it in with 2pr or some kind of draw+pair.  If I'm up against a combo draw and I raise the flop I'm stuck trying to guess on a ton of turns when I have no idea if my villain has spiked his draw.  so calling the flop seems best.

on the turn when villain checks I feel confident I'm almost always ahead.  if he had a straight he'd almost certainly bet unless he had a high FD to go with it (in which case he might check to induce).  But there aren't too many combos of J-K high flush draws that also have 52 in them.  Basically villains range is probably capped at a few combos of 88 (most of which would keep betting or would have x/r'd the flop) and some two pair hands.  So I'm betting the turn for value and protection, and I think I have to call it off if he x/r's as I would expect some NFD+pair hands might.

When villain x/c's the turn I'm certain I'm ahead.  Now it's a case of trying to get value from whatever two pair hands villain might have.  I think if I snap pot I'm going to look like AA or 52 which I have plenty of in my range.  If I bet really small I look like I'm trying to induce a crying call which actually might scare away some hands.  But a large bet that isn't pot after a tank looks a lot like missed clubs.  I don't think villain gives me credit for betting two pair (I would probably bet A9 on the river but A8 is close as it blocks so many of villains worse made hands) so in his eyes my value range is actually fairly small in this spot.  I think he should be calling most good two pair hands, and x/r'ing any straight.  But his given hand is a pretty easy fold as it's far enough down in his range where it is a pure bluff catcher in a place where I have enough value hands that he doesn't need to call this wide.

comment if you found this interesting and I may keep posting hands.

later

piz

No comments: