Tuesday, March 23, 2010

good weekend...until I got the flu

was having a great time in cali with my buddies until sunday morning when I woke up feeling like death. We had hit the town fairly hard on saturday, but I had actually come back a lot earlier than the rest and this definitely felt different. A couple of hours later I could tell something wasn't right and I was afraid it might be those dreaded 3 letters, flu.

I kept feeling worse and worse throughout the afternoon and finally texted katy the symptoms and she confirmed my fears. I looked into postponing my flight but the cost would have been absurd. I was able to get a separated seat so that noone had to sit directly beside me, and I took some nyquil directly before the flight so I didn't cough or sneeze the whole flight. I also don't feel that bad as there were at least 6 other people on that flight that were coughing and sneezing without any control for the entire 5 and half hours. At least I took as many precautions as possible to prevent spreading any germs to my fellow fliers.

I felt pretty horrible most of yesterday and as well as this morning when I woke up. But I was able to get a good 5 hours of sleep from 10am to 3pm today and I feel surprisingly better right now. I'm still definitely sick but I at least don't have a fever and the aches are considerably less. My throat is also almost stopped hurting and I'd say I have 1.5 nostrils worth of breathing going on.

anyway this has totally thrown a wrench into my schedule for the month. I'm going to really have to hit the tables hard next week as well as immediately get to work on my taxes. Especially considering katy and I will be out of town for 2 of the next 4 weekends. I'm also really frustrated because this is really going to set me back in terms of getting ready for the baseball season this summer.

hopefully I'll be feeling better in a couple of days and can get to work.

later

jim

No comments: