Tuesday, March 9, 2010

'Cuz I'm hella cool, that's why.

just made a late lunch. bacon double turkey burger with cheddar and jack cheese, ketchup, mayo, and dill pickle. washed it down with a peanut butter, chocolate, and banana protein shake. omg heaven...

lots of cool stuff lately. first off saturday night was awesome. I was at Game On with Katy and a friend for the game and these obnoxious UNC bandwagon fans were behind us and before tip off I was worried it was going to get really annoying during the game. but luckily for me the boys put away the tar holes so fast that it never really became an issue. By halftime most of the anti-duke people had quit watching the game and it was a really great atmosphere. The game was so much fun I actually rewatched the whole thing on sunday morning and found myself fist pumping and celebrating anew as if I was watching it for the first time.

Also great was that I was able to get outside for a little BP and long toss on sunday afternoon with my park league team. The weather around here has been fantastic lately and sunday afternoon was 55 and sunny. so we got on the field (a little soggy but nothing bad) and it felt great. My arm felt pretty terrible yesterday, but nothing unusual and I've still got a ways to go to be in game shape.

But the biggest news of the weekend is that my sister is getting married. She and her boyfriend discussed it recently and basically decided they had no reason not to so why the hell not. I think it's great because I really like her future husband and we've enjoyed having him in the family for the last 3-4 years they've been together. My sister is as happy as I've ever seen her since they've been together, and he puts up with my at times wacky and exasperating family (very much myself included there) so I'm really glad they are getting hitched. they're both very casual people and really didn't want a big ceremony or fuss so they are planning on going to the courthouse on april 1st and making it official then having a big reception on saturday in Huntington. Katy and I are going to fly in and it should be a fun time.

last bit of news is that I'm heading to tahoe a week from thursday. going to cali to visit a college buddy and another friend is flying out to join us. We're getting in on thursday night and then driving up to tahoe on friday morning. should be a fun weekend of basketball, food, gambling, etc. I decided to book my flights with virgin america because I've heard nothing of good things about them and they have wifi so I can potentially play poker during my flights. They were cheaper than jetblue but with more perks so it was an easy choice. I also decided that the extra money to get direct flights was definitely worth it since the last few times I've had connections things haven't gone well.

so that's all for now. probably going to play a little session in a few and then grab some dinner and watch Lost with katy. not that I ever have much to complain about but man is life good right now. I really have it about as good as anyone could ask for.

later

No comments: