Saturday, May 17, 2008

first cut of spring training, and first exhibition game/rain out

The staff made the first cuts yesterday. Three pitchers, an infielder, and a catcher all were released. I'm still here, so I'm one step closer to making the opening day roster. My best guess is that there are about 7 pitchers competing for 3 open spots on the roster. I think that 1 spot will definitely go to a lefty, so I'm probably fighting with 4-5 other pitchers for the final 2 roster spots.

I was scheduled to pitch the 8th and 9th tonight in an exhibition game against Brockton, but the rain started early this afternoon and we never got out of the visitor locker room. So I grabbed a sandwich and checked out the NBA games back here at the hotel room. I also logged in about 1.5k hands of poker and booked a small win despite playing pretty horribly (got all-in preflop with TT and JJ twice when I didn't need to and also tried an awful river bluff that cost me $300). I really feel like I played lousy tonight and I definitely think I tilted at one point after having AA and KK cracked in really lousy ways.

I finally used my long saved full tilt points to order something from the FTP store. I should have a 42inch plasma TV shipped to me in 6-8 weeks. So I'm pumped to have a huge hi-def TV in my living room to watch movies and sporting events.

I've gotta hit the sack because I've gotta be up in about 6 hours for practice tomorrow morning. I'm guessing I'll be throwing live indoors since our field is a lake right now. If the rain ever dries up we are supposed to play an exhibition game on sunday. Hopefully I'll still be around by then.

later

jim

1 comment:

Rob said...

Glad to read that you pitched well this week even if you missed the chance to do it last night. Also it is PRIMO EXCELLENTE to heat that you made the first cut!!

Keep up the great work! I am sure it will pay off!!

Oh and I bet you will get your poker game back on track once the stress of making the team goes away!

Captn