Friday, October 12, 2007

I run goot

+$915 in a quickie session tonight at a table of 10/20 and a table of 8/16. I really felt like I played well, and I adjusted very well to have a bad seat in the 10/20 game (tight guys were to my right and LAGs were to my left).

my flight is leavig in 7.5 hours so I'm going to be early tonight to get some sleep. I was supposed to be finishing beers and stumbling down main st. for burritos right now, but instead I have to get up at 6:30am to go to the airport. yuck.

so here is an interesting hand from tonight:

Full Tilt Poker $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 playersHand Converter Tool from http://www.deucescracked.com/

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2s, 7s
UTG raises, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 2d, 8d, Kc (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 4d (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (4.00 BB) 5h (2 players)
Hero bets, UTG calls.

Results:Hero shows 2s, 7s (a pair of Twos).
UTG mucks Tc, Ac.
Outcome: Hero wins 5.85 BB.($3.00 Rake)

abbreviations i tend to use:
c/f = check planning on folding to a bet
c-bet = continuation bet
c/c = check planning on calling a bet
c/r = check planning on raising a bet
UI = unimproved hand
b/f = bet planning on folding to a raise


so I call preflop because the UTG raiser is very laggy and the SB CC is horrible and I'm getting 5-1 with a suited hand.

On the flop I would normally c/f, but I know that the UTG is going to c-bet his whole range and I'm getting 7-1 to call which is almost enough if I have 5 outs (which I do the vast majority of the time). Plus if I hit my two pair or trips and he has a hand I'm going to get more than enough bets on the bigger streets to give me implied odds. Also I've c/c the flop and c/r the turn against him recently so there is a chance he'll check behind most of his UI hands and I get to see a free river card.

He checks behind on the turn when a blank falls. Then another blank drops on the river. At this point I can't c/c since if he bets on the end he is probably ahead of my hand, especially because I expect him to check behind all UI A-high. However UI A-high makes up a huge portion of his range since he didn't bet the turn, and that is exactly what wil call my bet for value. So I decide to b/f the river, and he calls with AT which is exactly what i wanted.

for the second time I wish everyone a great weekend.

peace and fish grease

themightyjim

2 comments:

Rob said...

Hey there. Nice rundown. About how many hands had you seen with the guy involved in that pot with you?

Jim Perry said...

sorry it took so long for me to reply to this comment. just saw it.

I would say I have observed several hundred and probably played close to a hundred with him. We had enough history in that session that I knew his check behind on the turn usually meant weakness and he was hoping to pick off a bluff from me.