Thursday, February 16, 2012

2012 is not making it easy on me

trying to work hard and get my grind on a lot lately, but not running well at all. Besides the fact that I feel as thought I'm running really poorly just in terms of hitting boards and running into the tops of opponents ranges, I'm running 21 BI under EV so far this year. But I've definitely run good a lot in the past so I know it can turn around. Just going to try to keep plugging away. Going to try and average 5k hands a day for the rest of the month. Only got in 3.7k today but the games were awful tonight and decided to quit after I made back part of the money I had lost earlier in the day.

Long way to go to reach my first quarter goal, but I'm going to fight to the finish.

As for other stuff:

- baseball coaching is going well. The team is a really good group of guys, they work hard and get along well. I think they want to win and really have a great year so it's exciting to show up to practice every day with focus trying to get better.

- I think the FTP-to-GBT sale is going to find some kind of resolution in the next two weeks. I'm trying not to think about it too much since it's out of my hands, but I can't say I'm optimistic. I do worry though that if the DOJ turns down a greatly reduced sale price from GBT if they'll be able to get anything at all in a fire-sale of the assets after all of this time. This whole sordid ordeal is a disaster. If the company had been run the right way they'd still be profitable and alive like stars (obviously a lot of the scum wouldn't have made as much money but at least they'd still be making money now instead of getting ready to find themselves in jail). Even after all of the screw ups if they'd be forthright with the issues and worked quickly they might have had a better chance of selling before the brand lost so much value. Instead the idiot scum poker players at the top thought they were smart enough to evaluate potential buyers of a multimillion dollar corporation and they got drug around by their noses while the brand's value plummeted and the ugly truths about their mismanagement and theft came to light. The heads of FTP were not only greedy and dishonest but they were idiots as well.

Maybe there is still some light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm preparing myself for the worst. In the past anytime anything potentially good was happening towards a sale good news or hints leaked out. Now for months we've had nothing but pessimistic leaks, and the french group is running out of time to make a deal and a decision.

- haven't had time to work on the script with my buddy lately, but hopefully can get after that some time in the next few weeks.

- excited about the final few weeks of duke basketball like always. I don't think we have a great team this year, and I'd be shocked if we made it past the sweet sixteen. But March is crazy in NCAAB and anything can happen. Still have several great regular season games (including hosting NC State tomorrow night) before the ACC tournament and then the NCAAs.

- I've realized my favorite Boston sports team is the Celtics. I've known this for awhile now, but I enjoy them more and more every year. I love the Red Sox as well, the Bruins have gotten me into hockey a little, and the Patriots are fine (I root for them but don't follow them closely like the Celts and the Sox). But basketball is my favorite sport to watch on TV and the Celtics are a great franchise to root for. It helps that my Dad was a Celtics fan growing up and we had a Celtics trash can in the den where we kept old newspapers. But the franchise and their fans are unbelievable, we have a great coach, and the atmosphere (even for regular season games against bad opponents) at the Garden is great. I haven't been to a game this year but hopefully I can get tickets some time next month. I'm really enjoying a few of the new additions to the team especially Brandon Bass. The guy is just a fantastic athlete and a real hard worker. I can't believe the Magic traded him for Glen Davis. Davis was a fun addition to the team who occasionally made a solid contribution, but Bass is a night in night out glue guy for this team. Without him I think they'd be struggling to get to .500 with all of the injuries they've dealt with.

(lol after writing this I went to look up the Celtics game recap and watch the highlights and I see they lost to the Pistons at home (doh) and Bass and Garnett didn't play because of injury. not good.)

that's all for now.

later

piz

No comments: