Thursday, August 19, 2010

good day

decided to take a day off after logging +30 hours in the last 5 days. Played 9 holes of golf at 6am (shot a legit 40 my best 9 of the summer), then made espresso and brunch around 11am. Took a little nap until about 4pm. Woke up and showered and cleaned the kitchen. Then I browsed the forums, watched a little tv, and made some dinner. Dinner was a NY strip, baked potato, carrots and tomato, and a glass of red wine. I did a pretty awesome job on the steak and it was tasty despite not being a fantastic cut (a little bit of gristle in the middle was disappointing). I did manage to set off our smoke detector though because I was cooking it in a pan with butter and when I put the steak on I got a lot of smoke. oh well, hard to make a good meal without a little smoke.

now I'm drinking a glass of scotch, relaxing and getting ready for an early turn in. Looking forward to getting up tomorrow and either golfing or running before I get my friday pokering on. Saturday is a group trip for a late lobster lunch in Maine, so that should be fun.

poker has been a grind lately. I'm making money, but it's constantly up and down. Games aren't great so I'd say that has a lot to do with it. I do feel like I'm starting to finally be a competent HU player. we'll see if that holds.

laterz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man, just would like to know how much do u charge for 50 nl 6 max grinder, tx

stacksofgold said...

Like the blog ..adding as a follower

Jim Perry said...

tbh I haven't done any coaching in a long time. I stopped when it got to the point that I didn't feel right charging what my hourly was worth unless I was coaching guys that were in my games. and since I'd rather not coach them I just stopped.

I'll think about it, but I honestly think getting a subscription to deucescracked, bluefire, leggo, or the free subscription to cardrunners is a better use of your money. you'll have access to thousands of hours of instruction for like $25 a month, and that is probably more valuable than a few hours of coaching with me. especially considering some things I might be able to teach better than those sites wouldn't be that applicable at small stakes.

hope that helps, and let me know if you need any more info.